Brush Creek Elementary School
Our school is located in the geographic center of Madison County in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. Brush Creek Elementary serves approximately 400 students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grades and also has a HeadStart Pre-Kindergarten classroom.
We have a beautiful building which is nestled at the front of our 30 acres campus. Our campus boasts the beautiful Brush Creek stream, a spacious outdoor classroom by the creek, and a walking trail featuring an apple orchard with heirloom and hybrid trees, a school garden, a butterfly sanctuary and Monarch weigh station, a tadpole terrain, a Blue Bird habitat trail, a wetland bog, a rain garden, and a weather station. Our teachers and students spend time with inquiry and investigation as they utilize the outdoor learning spaces on our campus.
Our children will have a positive learning environment that stimulates curiosity and imagination, creates citizens of good character, and challenges students to become life-long learners
Believe, Educate to Achieve, Ready to Succeed.
1. We will provide a safe-school environment.
2. Our school community will be of good character with the following traits: responsibility, respect, self-discipline, integrity/fairness, compassion/caring, loyalty, friendship, courage, perseverance, citizenship.
3. We will have high expectations for the achievement of each individual student preparing them for success in the changing world of the 21st century.
4. We will provide quality teaching, planning, and professional growth in a collaborative environment that is continually improving.
5. The education of our children is the responsibility of the entire school community.
6. We will communicate effectively among all stakeholders.
Working together, staff, parents, and students will make Brush Creek Elementary School a unique and special place – a place where we want to be.