Welcome to Our Athletic Program!
Welcome to the Athletic Program at Madison High School. You are about to join a program that has a long history of achievement and excellence. Many athletes who have preceded you have provided our school with a reputation that is highly regarded in high school athletics. We hope that your involvement in this program will provide you with many rewarding and worthwhile experiences and that you too can make a contribution which wil further enhance the reputation of our school and its athletic program.
The Interscholastic Athletic Program at Madison High School is an integral part of the total school program, and as such is designed to help our students become better school, community, state, and national citizens. While academics are the primary focus of our school, we believe participation in an athletic program affords opportunities, experiences, and training which are not ordinarily available in the standard curriculum. Education should not only provide for the many, but should also furnish a demanding test for the limited number of those who are gifted physically and who are ambitious to excel.
"Nurturing Mind, Body, and Spirit through Academic and Athletic Achievement"
MHS Athletic Mission
The mission of the Madison High School athletic department shall be to promote the well-rounded development of the participants. It is essential to promote academic achievement, good sportsmanship, and athletic talent. The development of these student athletes' abilities is necessary in meeting the demands of living and participating in an ever-changing society. MHS believes that a well-rounded program of student activities is vital to the educational development of the student.
Athletic Department Goals & Objectives
- To encourage all Madison High School students to participate in extracurricular activities
- To establish a sound relationship with all Athletic Team Booster groups
- To provide our student athletes and guidelines and assistance in developing academic success
- To develop a well-rounded individual by teaching the importance of practice and preparation in reaching student athletic potential
- To provide, through competition, for the emergence of a strong concept of self by developing character, leadership qualities, and good citizenship, along with the student athlete’s physical qualities
- To provide a balanced coaching staff as it applies to gender and race